Living in a state of balance is not something that just happens. Our hormones, immune system, and overall wellness is intimately linked to our gut bacteria. Listen to this episode to learn why it is so important to intentionally rebalance your gut even when you don't have symptoms of imbalance. Make sure to listen to the end because there is so much ōNLē goodness coming up in 2023!
Subscribe to Follow Your Gut with Sarah Bennett wherever you listen to podcasts.
You can click one of the buttons below to take you there
Welcome to Follow Your Gut, the podcast where women like you are empowered to take charge of your family's health and happiness. I'm your host, Sarah Bennett, founder and CEO of ōNLē ORGANICS. As a mama of four, I have personally gone through the ups and downs of navigating the sea of misinformation and the runaround from our medical system, while caring for my family's health and wellbeing. This podcast is dedicated to educating and empowering you on the significance of gut health and how it affects everything from your family’s sleep to their mood and everything in between. By understanding the foundation of your wellness and the causes of common, yet preventable symptoms, you can achieve a deeper level of health and happiness for your family. Join me as we explore the world of gut health and enhance our lives from the core of our well-being, all while honoring our powerful intuitions. I am so happy you are here! Let's dive into today's episode.
Welcome to episode 47; The Power of Regularly Rebalancing Your Gut
Maintaining a healthy gut is crucial to our overall well-being. I say it in every single episode but I can’t emphasize it enough - our gut microbiome plays such a significant role in everything from digestion, immunity, and mood regulation to sleep, skin and hormone health. Research has also linked an unhealthy gut to various health issues such as Leaky Gut, Bloating, constipation, skin problems, autoimmune diseases and even autism. Therefore, it is essential to regularly rebalance our gut, even when we don't experience any symptoms.
Rebalancing the gut involves improving the diversity and abundance of beneficial bacteria in our microbiome. You want to purposefully and intentionally kill the naturally built up bad bacteria, yeast, parasites, mold and viruses while nurturing the good microbiome back into balance. In this episode we are going to talk about the benefits of regularly rebalancing your gut bacteria.
Before we keep going I want to share something personal but a little off topic but I promise it will all come together. I have always dreamed of being a musician. Even if just in my own home. My children are all very called to music and take weekly lessons for the fiddle, acoustic guitar, electric guitar and the harmonica. A few weeks ago I decided it was time for me to invest in me. Not for anyone else other than myself. So I went and purchased myself a 1930’s mandolin. This thing has a story and the soul is deep and beautiful - exactly what I have been dreaming of my whole life. I managed to squeeze a lesson in with my children's music teacher and ohhhh! My heart is on fire. Do you mind if I play you a little tune? It isn’t much but I really want to share this to inspire you to take the leap of prioritizing your desires.
If you are a musician maybe you are giggling but that is the whole point of me sharing this with you. This is for me and no one else and I am so damn proud of myself! I have never in my life had any musical abilities. My husband and I joke all the time that I am tone deaf and to be honest - I think I really might be. But this is a dream that I have and it doesn't matter where you start. Just deciding to prioritize yourself is what matters. And also - I introduced you to my mentally disabled uncle Butch in episode 41. His favorite song is You are My Sunshine so of course that had to be the very first song I learned on my mandoline. Anyway - to tie this into today's episode . . . nurturing your gut health is one of the ways you can commit to yourself.
In a minute I will share with you exactly how to do this. But first lets go over five reasons rebalancing the gut regularly is so important, even when we don't have symptoms.
Are you wondering if you or your child have a gut imbalance? Take my quick and easy quiz to find out in less than 60 seconds. Understanding your gut health is the first step in leading your family towards optimal wellness. Visit www.onleorganics.com/pages/quiz or click the link in the show notes to take the quiz.
- A balanced gut promotes better nutrient absorption: When your gut is imbalanced, it can hinder your bodies ability to absorb essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the foods you eat. Regularly rebalancing your gut can help ensure that you're getting the most out of your meals.
- Rebalancing your gut boosts your immunity: Your gut microbiome plays a significant role in your immune system. In fact 70% of your immune system stems directly from your gut. An imbalanced gut can weaken our immune system, making you more susceptible to illness. Regularly rebalancing the gut can strengthen your immune system and help you fight off infections.
- A balanced gut improves your mental health: The gut-brain connection is strong, and research has shown that an imbalanced gut can affect your mental health. Regularly rebalancing your gut can improve your mood, reduce anxiety and depression, and boost your overall mental well-being.
- Rebalancing your gut prevents future health issues: An imbalanced gut can lead to various health issues down the road, such as chronic inflammation, autoimmune diseases, and other chronic illnesses. Regularly rebalancing the gut can help prevent these issues from occurring in the first place.
- Balancing your gut means balancing your hormones: The gut microbiome plays a crucial role in metabolizing hormones, and an imbalanced gut can lead to hormonal imbalances such as estrogen dominance, which can lead to PMS symptoms, mood swings, infertility issues and other health issues. Regularly rebalancing the gut can foster hormonal balance, leading to overall improved well-being.
In last week's episode I shared all about aligning your cycle with the moon. Something I somehow forgot to mention in that episode is how I naturally cycle with the full moon six months a year and with the new moon the other 6 months. Right now my body is shifting between moons and I feel it in my energy, mood, sleep and digestion. To support myself through this transition I am rebalancing my gut right now. As I record this I am on day 3 and I cannot tell you the difference I already feel. My sleep is already deeper, I feel alive and full of passion and gratitude the way I do when my body is balanced and my tummy feels flat without bloating. And just think! I still have 61 days left in my Rebalance. I can’t fathom how unstoppable I will feel by the end! So this is my suggestion for anyone interested in rebalancing their own gut. My Womens Gut Rebalance Kit is all you need. It includes all the supplements and guidance you will need to complete a 64 day rebalance cycle.
No one really talks about this but it is important for all of us to know. Living in a state of balance isn't something that just happens for some people. And while we all have our own genetic makeups and all have our own strengths and weaknesses - everyone can benefit from intentionally caring for the center of their well-being. To recap everything we have covered - Maintaining a healthy gut should be a priority for everyone, even when we don't have symptoms. Regularly rebalancing the gut can promote better nutrient absorption, boost immunity, improve mental health, prevent future health issues, and balance hormones. So consider incorporating gut-balancing supplements into your daily routine to keep your gut healthy and thriving, especially during your menstrual cycle if you're a woman.
A few announcements before I let you go -
- We only have three more episodes in the first season of this podcast. Season Two will begin on May 30th and ohhhhh goodness! There is a whole lot of goodness in the works.
- I am hosting a Summer Solstice Virtual Gut Rebalance Summit where we will intentionally rebalance our guts together while nurturing hormone balance and align our cycles with the moon. This summit will include all the supplements needed for the rebalance, a workbook, gifts from other women owned businesses, access to three live gathers and so much more. Make sure you are subscribed to my newsletter so you can sign up as soon as the tickets are available. There will be limited spaces and it will sell out quickly.
- We are gearing up to launch our new and improved ambassador program the second week of April. This program is for women who have first handedly experienced the profound difference that ōNLē products make. We are looking to partner with equally passionate women who want to share our quality and effective products and generate a generous income. This program is different than any other program out there. We will have monthly live gatherings and offer so much support. So whether you are a creator and influencer already or are a mama who has been deeply impacted by ōNLē - we want to hear from you. You can send us an email at email@example.com com if you are interested.
- We have a new loyalty rewards program coming out on March 24th. This is going to be so fun and amazing to participate in. So again, if you have not yet signed up for my newsletter make sure to do that so you are the first to hear details.
- Lastly - we are in the works of creating a community of some sort. We don’t have perfect clarity yet so if you have any input we would love to hear it. I get hundreds of DM’s every single day and I have held off passing my social media onto anyone else because I love connecting with all the women and mamas so much. But it is quickly becoming unsustainable and messages are lost all the time. Which breaks my heart because most of the women who reach out spend so much time writing really vulnerable messages and I of course want to get back to them. So! We are brainstorming ways to take these vulnerable conversations somewhere else so that they can be given the attention they deserve and be organized so no one gets lost.. Also - many women have the exact same questions so if we had a community you could support one another or learn from each other's questions. However this comes together - I can’t wait for it!
Alrighty. Thank you so much for joining me today! I will be back next week.
Thank you for tuning in to today's episode of Follow Your Gut. As a reminder, the information shared on this show is not just for your children, but also for you as a woman. At ōNLē ORGANICS, I have created a line of the best quality gut-balancing supplements and products that have transformed my family's health and happiness. Head to www.onleorganics.com to start your journey to optimal gut health today. Lastly, I always want to be very transparent that I am not a medical professional, and the information shared on this podcast is based on my personal experience and research. Please always listen to your own inner voice of wisdom and your healthcare professional. Join me again next week for more insights and inspiration on taking charge of your family's health and happiness. I will see you then!