Where oh where has this coconut based caramel been all my life? I am so excited to share this recipe with you. Lets jump right in!
Oh! But I have to tell you . . . While it makes a delicious caramel apple, it is also crazy good for dipping apple slices, bananas, strawberries, you name it! We have tried it drizzled on apple pie and vanilla ice-cream and even on top of a peanut butter bar. It really kicks everything up a notch.
- 10 big tart apples
- 1 c. coconut sugar
- 1/4 c. full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 c. coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Wash and dry your apples.
- Stab wild collected sticks or skewers all the way from the top to the bottom of the apples.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a sauce pan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Slightly cool and thicken If you just so happy to live in a cold climate just stick your pot out in the snow for five minutes like I did or I am sure the fridge would work just fine too. Make sure to stir every minute or so.
- When the caramel is to your desired consistency scoop a big spoonful and twirl one apple at a time making sure to fully cover.
Enjoy! And share your masterpieces with me. I love seeing what you create!