The absolute best roasted pumpkin seeds!
I have always loved this time of year but for some reason it feels exceptionally enjoyable this year. Maybe it has something to do with settling into the comforts of home while the world feels out of control. Me and my babes though? We are able to just snuggle down tight here and control our own little world. So pumpkins, candles, hot fires and pies. That’s where we are.
Anyway, we made these pumpkin seeds last night and they were so incredible I knew I needed to share right away so you have a chance to try them.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash pumpkin seeds by placing in a big bowl of water to separate the lovely goop from the seeds. Scrip seeds onto a towel and let sit out to dry. I left mine overnight. This step is critical. If the seeds are wet they won’t get crispy.
- When the seeds are dry put them onto a spill-mat lined baking sheet.
- Add the oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Massage it all together and then spread out so the seeds are not overlapping each other
- Throw them in the oven and set a 5 minutes.
- Check and stir.
- Repeat timer, check and stir until the seeds are toasted light brown.
- Mine bake for a total of about 15 minutes. Be careful, they go from raw to burned really quick.
We love to eat the hot off the pan. Now I’m off to get a few more pumpkins. Oh!! And don’t forget to grab organic ones. You can save a handful of the seeds for planting next summer.