Sweet Potato Red Lentil Curry
I am so excited to share with you one of our family favorites. It is a very mild yet flavorful curry. Sure to please any crowd.
- 1/4 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 large carrots (chopped)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (pealed and cubed)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mustard seed (optional)
- 2 TBSP miso paste
- 1 c red lentils (rinsed)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 4 c water (enough to cover all ingredients by at least 1”)
- Sauté onion and carrots for 4 minutes.
- Stir in spices until fragrant, add miso and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Add sweet potatoes, red lentils and water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer on low for 25 minutes -OR- cook under high pressure in a pressure cooker for 13 minutes.
- Serve over rice or ramen
- top with lemon, Tamari and raw cashews.
- Enjoy ♡
- 1 c peas or green beans are delicious thrown in these.
- I like to serve mine over kale and brown rice.
- In this picture I have it served over organic buckwheat ramen. So yummy!