I love making birthday cakes. It’s just one of those things. For our little Birds first birthday I made this refined sugar free, gluten free, plant based chocolate “dirt” cake. There is a secret ingredient in the frosting and it is soooo good!
- 2 c oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 c pure maple syrup
- 3/4 c applesauce
- 1 1/4 c full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c dark chocolate hunks (optional)
Method: I am all about simplicity.
- Mix it all together in one bowl. Easy peasy.
- Oil skillet and sprinkle with a hand full of oats to prevent sticking.
- Bake at 350’ for 22-25 minutes.
- 1 c cooked sweet potato (halved and roasted until soft)
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 3/4 c pitted dates
- 1/4 c full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Blend in high powered blender until smooth.
- Once cake is fully cooled spread this deliciousness on.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If your baby happens to be named Bird too it with the cutest bird candle ♡